28 Apr What are apartment building classifications Classes A, B, C, D
The building classifications are as follow and may vary from market to market.
- Generally, garden product built within the last 10 years
- High-rise product in select Central Business District may be over 20 years old
- Commands rents within the range of Class “A” rents in the submarket
- Well merchandised with landscaping, attractive rental office and/or club building
- High-end exterior and interior amenities as dictated by other Class “A” products in the market
- High quality construction with highest quality materials
- Generally, product built within the last 20 years
- Exterior and interior amenity package is dated and less than what is offered by properties in the high end of the market
- Good quality construction with little deferred maintenance
- Commands rents within the range of Class “B” rents in the submarket
- Generally, product built within the last 30 years
- Limited, dated exterior and interior amenity package
- Improvements show some age and deferred maintenance
- Commands rents below Class “B” rents in submarket
- Majority of appliances are “original”
- Generally, product over 30 years old, worn properties, operationally more transient, situated in fringe or mediocre locations
- Shorter remaining economic lives for the system components
- No amenity package offered
- Marginal construction quality and condition
- Lower side of the market unit rent range, coupled with intensive use of the property (turnover and density of use) combine to constrain budget for operations
More questions we can help you, at County Properties, 25 years of brokerage experience, trust and a Member of the local Better Business Bureau! Want to know what your home is worth? Click here for a free market evaluation !
Commercial Multi Unit Properties We will setup a customized search for you by our professional REALTOR® Team. Sit back relax and shop at home! We will make changes to your Pro-Property Search any time you like, just let us know. Have fun!
Want to know what your property is worth?
[iframe http://tools.1parkplace.com/valueWizard/vluredirect.aspx?userid=47042 780 1100]
By the way…if you know of someone who would appreciate the level of service in real estate we provide, please call me or have them go to www.CountyProperties.net and I’ll be happy to follow up and take great care of them.